Controls / Automation Engineer
This Grand Rapids based position for a Material Handling Controls Engineer is to support our automation and customer support groups. The desired candidate will provide technical leadership, work autonomously, and provide controls support and maintenance functions by troubleshooting and making design improvement in a wide variety of material handling environments. Successful candidates should have experience / knowledge with PLC hardware (Allen Bradley, ect) / software, HMIs (Allen Bradley and others), robotics (Fanuc), vision systems, communications (TCP/IP, DeviceNet, and others), conveying system, and electrical distribution.
* Program and troubleshoot PLC controls and HMIs for proper function.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Modify and develop electrical and electronic drawings (AutoCAD) for equipment and facilities following standard drawing and electrical practices.
* Downtime resolution and perform root cause failure analysis.
* Assist and direct outside contractors.
* Keep equipment operational by working with maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership. • Handle project ranging from single machine builds to plant-wide automation processes
* Support a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous project responsibilities.
* Create and edit electrical schematics in AutoCAD including sizing devices, panel layouts. • Interfaces with customers to troubleshoot automation problems and provide training • Travel up to 33% of time.
* Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or computer related field preferred
* 5+ years of experience in a controls engineering environment
* Proficiency in PLC , HMI Programming / troubleshooting AB
D.L. Neu & Associates, founded in 2002 by a small group of highly experienced engineers, has grown to become a leader in the design and engineering of material handling and distribution systems for major US and international companies. At DLN, we have the capability of managing our clients’ entire process of planning, designing, integrating, installing and supporting their material handling systems. It is this proven record of combining the dedication of our engineering professionals with design technology and superior material handling systems, plus the expertise of a sales staff with an average of over 20 years of experience in material handling, that has made us a leader. DLN is not obliged to a single manufacturer, and, because of this, we have the freedom to select objectively from a wide range of options to design the best and most productive system possible for our clients.
At DLN, our staff is mostly comprised of project managers and engineers who are highly experienced and motivated to take ownership of the work they do on behalf of our clients. Because our systems (from the simplest to the most complex) are customized, our concept and design capabilities are almost endless. This allows us to bring to each project all of the technological innovation required to meet our client’s needs.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, opportunity for growth, and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates may be required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
Interested Candidates Please Email Resumes
Bob Clarkson, Director of Operations – BobC@DLNeu.com